Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Food and then some

So I have made three yummy meals from the E-mealz low-carb menu. 1st night was Mustard Pork Chops with salad and broccoli. I am not the biggest fan of pork chops, but these were boneless and the only negative thing would be that they were a bit tough.. which is normal for that kind of meat. The broccoli was super yummy tossed in olive oil and parmesean cheese! I love broccoli and need to eat more of it!



The second meal I made was a crockpot recipe- Italian Roast Beef with mixed vegetables and salad- This reminded me of my mom's roast beef she would make when I was a kid. I love how once you taste something you haven't had in a long time it brings those happy memories of childhood back just in a bite of food. I didn't take a picture of this but it was pretty tasty. The only negative thing I would say is that it was a bit dry. The juices/drippings had to be saved for another recipe later on in the week. The marinade made for it was nice- onions, turkey bacon, herbs, salt and pepper. It also called for garlic and celery but I forgot the garlic and the grocery list didn't say to get celery so therefore I didn't have any :/

The third meal I have made was Mexican Shrimp with Avocado Salad. YUM! I was super excited about this meal because I love Mexican food! Even though this technically isn't mexican food I was happy to eat it because I love shrimp, jalapenos, and avocados! This meal went great except I forgot to peel the shrimp so my husband took a bite and CRUNCH! So we had to peel the skin off but then it was lovely! It was pretty too!



Tomorrow is yummy Steak and Veggie Soup then it's the weekend. My husband and I have vowed not to eat out the whole month of January. As easy as that may seem it is actually going to be hard for us because we love going to get a quick bit/drink. Especially on the weekends since it seems easier with the hectic schedules just to go through a drive-through or have a nice meal. We are both doing really well with sticking to home food and not eating out. My biggest challenge this week is not feeling full. I have a breakfast smoothie which consists of fruit, yogurt, oats, and some juice. This will usually last me til noon. Then I try to drink a cup or two of water before working out- 30 minutes on the elliptical with crunches after. I then enjoy my lunch which consists of a hard-boiled egg, 4 slices of turkey, a piece of Laughing Cow cheese, pickles, and some turkey pepperoni's. I know this is random but I am trying to get protein and stick with low-carbs. I also will enjoy an apple when I can. By the time I get home at 5 or 6 I start dinner and we eat by 7/7:30 and I treat myself to a CarbSmart ice cream on some nights then go to bed to stop thinking about food! I am sure my body is in shock because I was just stuffing it full of crap before and eating anything and everything before the "New Year Diet" started and I know it will only get easier but man it is hard right now. I look forward to the day when I am full from these meals and my stomach shrinks down and then will be used to it. I am hoping it will only take a couple weeks.

Any tips or positive motivation is great! I hope to post again soon! Enjoy the rest of your week blogging world!

No comments:

Post a Comment